Today I was thinking about all the excuses I’ve used in past years not to read my Bible. Honestly, I’m embarrassed when I think over them. “I just don’t have enough time.” Really? Did I have enough time to update my social media status? Then… Yeah, I know you get it. So instead of beating myself up when I mess up and fail to take the time to do what is really important to me- growing spiritually- then I decided to be more proactive in reading my Bible. Think of all the ways to read your Bible more!
How do we create habits? By consistently doing them- good or bad. Honestly, I love to be disciplined in good habits. I feel empowered when I am consistently following through with the goals I’ve set, no matter what they are. So today I’m sharing the ways I’ve found to read my Bible more and maybe you’ll find a couple methods that will work for you too! Here we go:
1. Keep a Bible in your purse or pocket.
2. Use a Bible app on your smartphone.
3. Sign up for Bible reading plan emails.
4. Read your Bible during waiting times, perhaps in the parent pickup line for school or the doctor’s office waiting room.
5. Listen to the Bible on audio during commute.
6. Decorate your walls with Scripture art.
7. Keep a chalkboard in the kitchen for a daily Scripture verse.
8. Use a perpetual calendar with Scripture for your office desk or dining room table.
9. Wear jewelry with a Bible verse.
10. Use BibleScreen.com for all your digital device screens.
11. Keep Bible memory verse cards handy.
12. Use Scripture Typer for Bible memory verse fun.
13. Listen to Scripture in song.
14. Keep a Scripture journal and simply write one verse a day from the passage you are reading. (I’m doing this for Proverbs now!)
Redeemed – Love & Faithfulness – Padfolio
from: DaySpring Cards Inc
15. Post a verse to your social media.
16. Read the Verse A Day from KLove Radio– also available as an email subscription!
17. Enjoy a Bible Verse of the Day on Facebook.
18. Check out the Verse for the Day from my awesome friends at What’s in the Bible?
19. Create your own Bible reading plan with Logos .
20. Read through the book of Proverbs in a month by reading one chapter a day.
21. Choose one of my printable Bible reading plans designed for children and read together as a family.
22. Follow @Daily_Bible on Twitter to read a Bible verse a day in your Twitter feed.
23. Use a weekly or daily planner that includes a Scripture at the top of the page.( like mine!)
24. One of my favorites- keep the Promise Box – Our Daily Bread in a handy location for daily reading.
25. Join a Bible study group in your church, community or online.
26. Have a cup of Scripture tea and meditate over the verse.
27. Play a Bible board game.
28. Do a Bible word search.
29. Keep a Bible on your nightstand and read one verse each night just before bed.
30. Download an app that specifically includes a Bible verse a day; there are many to choose from!
Which idea is your favorite? What method have you found to read more Scripture on a daily basis?
Have a marvelous Monday!