Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
The world is a dark place when you have no friends. Have you ever been there? I remember a time in my life when my biggest prayer request was simply that God would give me a friend. It wasn’t that I didn’t know people in my church or people in my community. And I have an incredible husband and wonderful family. But I just needed a friend- someone who would understand without my explanation. One of those people who just “got it.” How, I didn’t totally comprehend, but I just knew this friend would be genuine and understanding.
Words carry power. The weight of words can’t be measured in ounces and pounds yet they are heavier than can be defined. In carrying through with a voice of encouragement, after providing 20 things to say to encourage your husband or wife and 20 things to say to encourage your children, I only found it fitting to create this list of 20 things to say to encourage your friend. Inspired by the following verse, today we’re encouraging friendship in Christ.
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver. Prov. 25:11
20 Things to Say to Encourage A Friend
1. Me too.
2. I understand.
3. Keep going-you can do it!
4. What a wonderful idea!
5. I’d love to pray with you about it.
6. How did it go?
7. That is awesome!
8. Thank you for being my friend.
9. Text me!
10. Let me know how it goes- I’ll be praying.
11. Do you need to talk?
12. I really appreciate you!
13. Have a fantastic time!
14. You’ve worked hard; you deserve it!
15. Way to go- you did great!
16. Let’s celebrate that accomplishment!
17. I was so impressed with the way you handled that.
18. You are a fabulous example in that area.
19. Is there anything I can do to help?
20. I brought you some chocolate. (PS: Only say this if the chocolate actually accompanies the statement. Otherwise, you won’t be considered a good friend. Or a friend at all.)
I wanted to provide a printable for you- just in case you need the reminder, like I did, that in order to have friends, you need to be a friend. Just click HERE or on the graphic above and the PDF will open to print.
I’d love it if you could take a minute to answer:
What encouraging words have been spoken to you by a true friend? Would you share them with us?
Have a great day!