Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
You can never know what a day will hold. I’m sure you agree. On the days you thought everything was out of control, you later realized that God was in full control, orchestrating circumstances to bring him full glory. On the days you thought you couldn’t get out of bed, God met you there. In your darkest pit, he was there. Oh, maybe it took you a little while to see him, but he was there all the time.
Our God is enormous. As humans, we can’t assign words to fully describe him. We can’t wrap our heads around his traits in totality. We are human and limited; he is never limited. When I think of how much he loves us, I am in awe. And then the more I get to know him, the more I begin to understand Who he is, the more I fall in love with him. God is the Creator of the universe and baby Jesus in the manger. Can we ever really grasp this God of ours, Jesus who became flesh or the Holy Spirit who lives inside of us? Honestly, I don’t think our brains are capable. But relationships are not about what we know. The facts and figures can be logically assessed all we’d like, but relationships are about who we know.
Let’s get to know our Savior, Lord and King a little more this December. Let’s be intentional about reading his Word to draw us closer to the scenes of his glory. Let’s remember that God is my God. Your God. Our God. He’s personal and intimate and longs for us to draw closer and closer to him. Who’s ready for the Names of God Bible reading challenge? Begins 12/1!
Names of God Bible Reading Challenge
Welcome to the Names of God Bible reading challenge! If you’ve never joined a Bible reading challenge here before, each day we follow the plan and read the passage. You can share what you are learning on social media or just keep it between you and God. My goal through the reading is to draw closer to Jesus, and I want that for you too!
For this month, we will use the hashtags #namesofGod and #biblereading. Almost every day, I post on Instagram or Facebook about what I’m learning through the passages and sometimes I post the Bible journaling pages I work on throughout the study.
On Fridays, I post a summary of what I learned through the week here on the blog and invite you to share what God is teaching you in the comments.
ADDITIONAL/OPTIONAL BIBLE READING CHALLENGE FEATURES
As you may know, I’ve been working on learning to Bible journal a little art and since you’ve been asking, I’ve got a FANTASTIC tool to help us both consistently read God’s Word, study it, meditate on it, and enjoy it. Use this Bible Journaling Guide to process the Bible reading through your choice of journal writing, art, or both.
The Names of God Bible Reading Plan
1. Genesis 16:7-13 El-Roi: The God who sees me
2. Exodus 15:22-27 Jehovah-Rapha: My Healer
3. 1 Timothy 6:13-21 Jehovah-Jireh: My Provider
4. Jeremiah 23:16-24 Jehovah-Shammah: God is already there
5. Psalm 18:1-6 El-Sali: God of my strength
6. Romans 16:20-27 Jehovah-Shalom: God is my peace
7. Genesis 17:1-8 El-Shaddai: All Sufficient One/ Lord God Almighty
8. Psalm 51:10-19 Adonai: God is my Lord and Master
9. Psalm 57:1-5 El-Elyon: The Most High God
10. Exodus 17:8-16 Jehovah-Nissi: The Lord My Miracle
11. Psalm 23 Jehovah-Raah: The Lord my Shepherd
12. Jeremiah 23:1-8 Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord Our Righteousness
13. Exodus 31:12-18 Jehovah Mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Makes You Holy
14. Isaiah 26:1-8 El-Olam: The Everlasting God
15. Deuteronomy 6:6-15 Qanna: Jealous God
16. Psalm 24:1-10 Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts
17. John 8:49-59 I AM
18. John 1:1-14 The Word
19. John 10:34-42 The Son of God
20. Titus 2:11-15 Savior
21. John 4:19-26 Messiah
22. Revelation 5:6-14 The Lamb of God
23. John 14:1-14 The Way, The Truth & The Life
24. Isaiah 7:7-14 Immanuel: God With Us
25. Isaiah 9:6&7 Prince of Peace
26. John 10:1-10 The Door
27. John 10:11-18 The Good Shepherd
28. John 15:1-9 The Vine
29. John 6:28-40 The Bread of Life
30. John 8:1-12 The Light of the World
31. 1 Peter 2:1-10 The Chief Cornerstone
Just screenshot the graphic to your smartphone and mark it as a favorite for easy daily access. For a simple printable copy, click on the graphic or HERE and print out two copies of the Bible reading plan. Share one with a friend!
Thank you so much for encouraging me to read God’s Word each and every month as we continue to learn Scripture and apply it in our lives daily. My prayer is that we know with our all hearts that God is our God and this study of his names prompt us to know and love him deeper.
Who’s joining in?
By his grace,