Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Have you ever asked yourself “How does God really work in our lives?” One of the ways I’m confident of his work is when he places an idea in front of me multiple times. I guess I’m a tad (ok, extremely) hard-headed and I need more than once to understand that this thought is from him and I need to act on it. So I’m catching on. Maybe you too?
Sunday afternoon at church, I heard that one of the teachers was encouraging her age group to read the book of Proverbs. She plans to have a great lunch party for the kids who follow through. I love this idea because my kids haven’t read the entire book of Proverbs to my knowledge. And while I offer Bible reading plans for each of the Gospels, I haven’t created any printable Bible reading plans for any books in the Old Testament.
When I was in college, I began reading a chapter of Proverbs each day and 5 Psalms each day. Following this path will take you through both books in one month. But as one of our readers pointed out yesterday, it can be a bit much to really think and process that much reading in a day. This reader is following the plan that I’ve done as well, reading one chapter of Proverbs a day. Honestly, I think even that much can be a little much if you want to study and think on the verses.
So today, for all the reasons above, I’m excited to offer you some Bible reading plans for Proverbs. Here are the ideas recapped:
1. Read 1 chapter in Proverbs and 5 Psalms a day to finish both books in one month.
2. Read 1 chapter in Proverbs daily to read the entire book in one month.
3. Use this brand new Bible reading plan for Proverbs to read the entire book of Proverbs in two months.
Using a printable check-off sheet is a great idea for a few reasons:
1. You get to watch your progress unfold.
2. You can be creative and color or stamp the boxes as you go. You could even create a color coding system and mark your favorite chapters.
3. You can finish more quickly than the time allotted if you find yourself with extra reading time.
You can download the form here or click on the graphic below.
Have a terrific Tuesday and I’ll see you tomorrow!