Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Week before last I wrote a list of 20 things to say to encourage my husband. 7 Ways to Praise Your Husband for 7 Days and 7 Ways to Praise Your Children for 7 Days have been two well-loved articles here on the blog. The power of praise and encouragement is monumental. I believe many women really want to praise our husbands or children, but we need a purposeful, practical plan to follow through.
Even today, I struggled with remembering to praise my children more than I correct them. So my personal exercise tonight was to write out this list of 20 things to say to encourage your children. Maybe you’ll want to write out your own. But if not, you are more than welcome to print this list out and post it to your fridge as a reminder that children need to be praised.Be sure to check out the links above for more information on the importance of encouraging your children. For now, I’m following through on my parenting exercise.
1. Great job! Thank you for doing that.
2. Way to go. I’m proud of you!
3. That was so kind of you!
4. Fantastic- thanks for obeying the first time.
5. Wow- you really rocked it!
6. You know what? You are a great kid!
7. I appreciate what you did.
8. I’m praying for you.
9. Look at what you’ve accomplished!
10. What a great decision you made!
11. Thanks for doing that before I could even ask.
12. I’d love to hear about it.
13. You figured it out- that’s awesome!
14. One step at a time- you’re doing it!
15. Fabulous job- you were really listening.
16. I know that was a new thing for you- excellent try!
17. I love your creativity!
18. Thank you for sharing.
19. Keep going- you can do it!
20. I love you.
And there you have it! Do you have a word treasure you’ve found that works wonders with your child? I’d love it if you’d share it with us!
ADDENDUM: FREE Printable list HERE.
See you tomorrow!