2014 has been a wonderful year and sometimes I just shake my head at all the details God orchestrates in our lives on a daily basis. Here are a few that stood out to me as the 10 things you won’t believe happened to me in 2014, in no particular order.
10. I didn’t have a baby.
I know- given sidebar right picture, it seems a crazy thing, doesn’t it?
9. I sat on half a chair with Kay Arthur and talked about tomatoes for a half hour.
Yep, it’s true. She is so awesome like that.
8. I ate approximately 15 lbs of chocolate.
The average American consumes 11.7 pounds of chocolate; I just consider myself “above average.”
7. I accidentally visited Egypt.
Our AWANA mission trip flights were delayed and we missed our connections to Africa. So we took the scenic route. Only I didn’t see any pyramids.
6. 3 of my children had outside play accidents that resulted in broken body parts. All on different occasions, of course.
Have I told you “Wojnarowski” means warrior?
5. I had the best Chinese food I’ve ever tasted in my entire life. In Africa.
That’s pretty crazy, huh?
4. I read through the Bible for the (I think) 8th time. God is good.
3. I signed my first book contract with a publisher.
Releases September 2015!!
2. I appeared on the Game Show Network as a team member for American Bible Challenge.
I’m still grumpy about the outcome. If you love me, don’t bring it up.
1. I *almost* tasted a delicacy I’d never heard of before.
So while in Africa, one night we were treated to the famous Carnivore restaurant, a meat lover’s paradise. I figured as the daughter of a wild, wonderful West Virginia hunter and game lover, I was up for the challenge. But with the heavy accent of the server, I clearly had no idea what he was offering when he said something, plopped it on my plate, and moved on. Meanwhile, my friend beside me says, “You don’t want to eat that.” “Why?” He whispered what it was and I loudly replied “Are you serious?”
I can safely say that was the first and last time I’ve ever had “ox balls” on my plate.
What crazy thing happened to you in 2014? I want to know!!
Thanks for being a part of the Bible Reading Challenges, for sending so much love over the Women of the Bible ebook and for reading. Looking forward to all God has for us in 2015!