So I can’t help myself…I admit it. I’m a people watcher. And tonight at the gym, I was thinking about the similarities between members… at the gym and at church.
Drum roll please:
10. Both gym members and church members administer a faux smile until they get past the greeters.
9. Both will use “needing a drink” as an excuse to exit, even if only for a few minutes.
8. Both types of members heave a huge sigh of relief when “it’s all over.”
7. Neither at the gym or church do people appear to enjoy being reminded of the “no pain, no gain” mentality.
6. Church members and gym members each have a downfall that got them there in the first place.
5. Both members downfall started with food. (Eve, the “apple”. Ok, it’s a stretch.)
4. Both keep their head down and hope they don’t see anyone they know.
3. Both are secretly glad when their children misbehave in childcare so they can leave with honor in their valiant effort.
2. Both stop at a restaurant on the way home.
And the top issue that church members and gym members have in common?
1. Neither one are laughing at this list right now because it hits too close to home.
(I’m here til Thursday…try the veal.)
Come on. Laugh. You know you need to.
See you at the church or the gym. Your pick.