I’ve been reading the book, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, by Joanna Weaver. I feel a bit late to the party on this book because many of my friends have read it already since it originally released in 2000. I can’t express how much I appreciate this book. The subtitle is “Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life.” Certain seasons of my life have been busier than others, but I certainly am in a busy season.
The material in this book is absolutely fabulous. Joanna expresses much of my personal struggle as she outlines the struggle of many Christian women- we want to be close to Jesus, but the daily busyness of the world intrudes on the opportunities to draw close to Him. When we read the story of Mary and her heart for God, we want to be the ones listening intently to the Master teacher. But the Martha in us tells us there is much to be done and we should be moving along.
If you’ve never read Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, I can’t recommend it enough. And whether you’ve read it or not, I want to be sure you know about the incredible NEW material published just this year! This beautiful book in the new edition contains a 12 week companion Bible study guide. And I’m so excited that Joanna also offers a 10 session DVD AND Bible study guide for group or personal study with a TON of bonus material that you will not want to miss, including tools to go deeper into the study.
Now to be honest, I’ve only watched the first session of this study, but truly it is one I can’t wait to dig into more. Joanna’s warm and open style of teaching will capture your heart from the first word. I’ve been contemplating how and when I’m going to complete this study, but I wanted to list my ideas out for you to see if one might meet your needs.
- Host a group study in home, at church, or in the community.
- Use the DVD for you and one other accountability partner. Maybe this person is a neighbor, friend or co-worker you see regularly for convenience of discussion.
- Use the DVD and study guide for personal use. (Very affordable!!)
- Host a retreat using the retreat session on the DVD. (How cool is that??!!)
- Host a Bible study marathon day. What’s that? One day or weekend in which you watch ALL the DVD sessions, in this case, 10 sessions of 20-22 minutes each. How does that work? Be sure to come back on Monday for my next post to see how I’ve used the Bible study marathon method successfully!!
And now for the super fun part!! I’m so excited to be giving away 2 sets of the book, DVD and study guide today!
I’m really pumped about this because I receive many emails from readers who say their church doesn’t have the resources to purchase Bible studies and could I send study recommendations, especially free studies. This giveaway will be incredibly beneficial to whomever wins it!
Just follow the Rafflecopter to enter and be sure to return for the next post about how to host a Bible study marathon! Have a great weekend!
Disclosure: Product provided by publisher. All opinions are my own. Post contains affiliate links. Site may be compensated if purchase is made. See full disclosure policy here.