Reading has always been a delight for me from the time I learned to read. Today I’d like to refer you to some of the best books on prayer I’ve read. Prayer is one topic I never tire of reading about!
I simply never get tired of reading about answered prayers, thoughts on prayer or devotional prayers. (Some of you are thinking right now: How does this girl focus long enough to pray? I can’t follow her for a minute… ;0) ) Without further pomp and circumstance, here are 5 of my favorite books on prayer. Have a fabulous day!
1. The Circle Maker is one book that I just can’t get enough of. I’ve reviewed the book a bit more right here, but you will really be glad you read this book. Mark Batterson’s inspiring journey of prayer as he leads his Washington DC church blesses beyond measure. I recently downloaded Draw the Circle, A 40 Day Prayer Challenge book, a companion book, as well as Praying Circles Around Your Children. If you check out TheCircleMaker.com, you’ll find free resources as well as a sample chapter of the book if you’d like to take a peek.
2. The Power of a Praying Wife introduced me to Stormie Omartian and this incredible series of books. While I haven’t read every single book in the series, I have read many of them. If you are unfamiliar with Stormie, the following are more titles from the series: The Power of a Praying Husband, The Power of a Praying Church, The Prayer that Changes Everything, and The Power of Praying Through the Bible. Stormie has been writing on the power of prayer for decades and the most recent book that caught my eye is this Power of a Praying Wife Devotional Journal. Isn’t it beautiful? I added it to my book wish list this week:
3. Praying God’s Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore is a book that changed my life years ago. This book taught me the value of memorizing God’s Word and praying it back to God. This topical prayer guide will take you step by step through learning to pray God’s Word. With empty pages for personalized prayers, you will wish, as I did, that you had read and studied through this book much sooner.
4. Praying God’s Word for Your Husband by Kathi Lipp is another wonderful prayer tool. Go from polite, quiet prayers to boldly worded prayers that use Scripture to beckon the will of the Father. I am almost finished with this book and reading it has helped me remember how very important it is to prayer for my husband AND the importance of using Scripture to pray for him.
5. The Prayer of Jabez: Breaking Through to the Blessed Life crossed my path at a time when I needed to believe God really cared about me. In a world full of people, surrounded by Christians in a wonderful church, I felt…alone. I wasn’t asking God for riches or wealth or even a few extra pennies. I simply needed: a friend. And you know what? God gave me one; we lead community Bible studies together now. Pretty cool, huh? God wants to bless you through prayer- I’d love to hear about it after you’ve read the book!
While I won’t include this one as part of the list, my prayer ebook, The Sensational Scent of Prayer, is special to me as God just personally led me through the steps to follow through on studying His Word. The book began as a Bible study and God has blessed it beyond all I ever asked or imagined.
Your turn, Friends! The Bible Challenge readers are checking in and we’d love to hear about your favorite books on prayer!
Disclosure: Post includes affiliate links; site may be compensated if purchase is made.